market-farming - [Market-farming] winter market items

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] winter market items
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:36:45 -0800 (PST)

>> What special items do people on this list make and sell for the
> holidays?

We just did our last market of the season...We have been doing this one
the weekend before Thanksgiving and borrow the local Jr. High cafeteria
and do it inside. We bill it as the Farmer's Market Holiday Market and
Craft Fair.
We advertise heavily and have live music.
I set up an all organic food booth and sell soup and chili and
spanikopita, focaccia, and salads. I also have breads,muffins, scones,
jams, herbal vinegars, croutons, and a garlic pesto that they wait in
line for.
This is a terrific market for all, public and vendor alike. But now that
it's over...I say whewwwwww....season's Over...time to study seed catalogs
by the fire!
Happy Holidays to all......Sora at Paradise Valley Organics

  • [Market-farming] winter market items, sora, 11/21/2005