market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Finally some moisture

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Finally some moisture
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:59:46 -0500

In South Jersey we irrigated daily in the dry summer only to get a 7"
rain that destroyed our county's fall lettuce crop. Farmers around here
depend on this crop as a major money maker, a lot of guys got hurt
especially coming on top of the lowest wholesale market prices for
vegetables in 50 years. Harvesting corn and soybeans was a breeze...
Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.