market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sawing round bales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sawing round bales
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:46:44 -0500

We (my husband and I) pushed big round bales by ourselves over our garlic
beds on winter and it worked quite well. They are hard to get in position
so that they roll straight and you stop and adjust several times but once we
got them rolling they were fine and these were pretty big rounds we were
messing with. We just pushed and walked behind - and they were about the
right width to cover both the bed and the path. Once the garlic was up it
was obvious where the beds were -

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas