market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Someone talk to me about "Yard Long" beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Someone talk to me about "Yard Long" beans
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 07:29:51 -0500

Allan & Willie - I get my seed from Johnny's - they used to be called Liana
but have a new name this year that I don't recall - its Gita. They are a 78
day bean, Allan, so it probably is too late, they do like heat, both day ad
night. The price is $24.40 a pound.

They are pretty tenacious - we are harvesting them out of the grass because
we thought we had lost them when we lost everything else to heavy rains.
Never bothered to trellis or anything. So they just crawled over the paths
- its not really that difficult to pick, we just scoot along and pick.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas

  • Re: [Market-farming] Someone talk to me about "Yard Long" beans, Joan Vibert, 08/01/2005