market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] smudge free labels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] smudge free labels
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:22:52 -0400

Hi Judy; I use an HP 722 inkjet printer with standard Avery label stock. I
get the ink cartridges from www.ink-refills.net. I don't know what kind of
ink it is, but it's far better than anything else I've used. I think it
might be like the Durabrite. I use the labels on plastic cryovac bags of
frozen meat (the butcher puts my label on for me before it's frozen and
marks the weight of each cut).

Even when they defrost and are dripping wet, the black ink doesn't run at
all. The color on my logo fades out and streaks a little (mostly runs off)
when it's really wet, but doesn't smear enough to make the label
unreadable. (Tip; the ink takes longer to dry initially and will smear if
handled too soon out of the printer.)

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA