market-farming - [Market-farming] Squash Bugs & Strawberry Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carl Hatfield" <cmkfield AT pmt.org>
  • To: <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Squash Bugs & Strawberry Question
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:40:28 -0600

SQUASH BUGS  I have a friend that says if you mix 1cup 3% hydrogen peroxide,1 Tbl spoon liquid soap to 1 gallon of water & spray it directly on squash bugs  it will kill them.  This mixture is also supposed to be good for other bugs & the general health of the plant.

STRAWBERRY PLANTS  I have a 2 year oldbed of strawberriesthat is stareting to become overgrown with plants.  They are a everbearing variety.  Some of the berries are still good sized but others are very small.  Would it be better to take some of the plants out to make more room or would it be better to replace the entire bed in order to get larger berries.
Thanks
Carl    zone 5 or 6    (IDAHO)