market-farming - [Market-farming] a bit off-topic: chickens: laying hens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] a bit off-topic: chickens: laying hens
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:18:39 -0600

Hi folks! I am conducting a workshop this weekend, Laying Chickens: From
Choosing the Right Breed for You to Brooding Your Own Chicks to the Feed,
Care, and Management of the Home Flock. I will also be plugging the "Buy
Local" message.

Anyone have suggestions of online sources to enhance my presentation? I am
specifically seeking some printable material on:
1. Why Free Range is better
2. How to Support Local Farmers
3. Pics and Facts of Eggs or Chicken (general)
4. Fun Facts or How Raising Chickens can be fun, stress-relief
5. Jokes or funny printable material to "lighten up" the workshop

I have been to RuralRoutes.com and ATTRA (uses loads of their stuff)

Any help is much appreciated. I want this to be a very successful attempt
to collaborate with local businesses!