market-farming - [Market-farming] Re:source for low cost equipment loans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re:source for low cost equipment loans
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:25:07 -0400

Hi Liz,
We moved to our KY farm almost 5 yrs. ago.....love it! I do not
know what is going on this year, but there was/is alot of money available
both in tobacco diversion and soil conservation districts for farmers
these days. Last year, there was a program to match one's funds for
anything ag-related out here! Unfortunately, i heard about that one a
bit late for us. I was told it could be used for equipt., barns, just
about anything, crops, tools. That sure would be worth checking
out.....especially if your farm has a tobacco allotment and hasn't
already participated in the buyout. As i am not a farmer, i am not hep
to the details, sorry ....check with local soil conservation district and
the extension agents to see what programs are in place this year. This
was more of a grant thing than a loan!!
Toni - merely a bigtime gardener
Red River Gorge, KY

  • [Market-farming] Re:source for low cost equipment loans, tonitime, 06/14/2005