market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: No-till Dryland Pumpkins

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: No-till Dryland Pumpkins
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 18:58:34 -0400

Hi Mark,
I have done pumpkins like this before, using sheets of cardboard all
around them.....they just rambled over the cardboard which kept those
heavy duty weeds at bay. After harvest, the ground was easily tended.
Now if only the squash bugs hadn't shown up en masse! We still got a
pretty good harvest tho no-till and fortification ahead of time.
Toni in Bugland, KY