market-farming - [Market-farming] Pass the salt- Please

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joe Kames" <farfish AT francomm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pass the salt- Please
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 19:09:05 -0400

I have used this formula to kill just about anything. Gallon of  white vinegar 1 lb of salt
mix together and spray onto the plants that you want to irradicate.

I'd be really careful about the salt. I think you can wind up poisoning a patch of ground for a long time. (This was, if I remember right, an ancient form of biological warfare: salting the enemy's fields.)

After the Third Punic War, the Romans are said to have salted the fields around Carthage so as to prevent that city's revival as a threat. Carthage did remain a substantial city in the Roman province of Africa so perhaps the story is exaggerated or "not enough salt".

                      Joe

                     Far From the Sea Farm, Freehold NY