market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seeking a good cucumber

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Sutherland <ksutherland AT hampshire.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seeking a good cucumber
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:57:40 -0400

Cool Breeze also does well down here in zone 10 plus and is a very nice
little cuke. I get even better productivity over a longer time and
excellent taste from Park's All Season Burpless. But the most amazing
cukes here in terms of quality and performance are some of the Asian
Burpless types sold by Evergreen Seeds (www.evergreenseeds.com),
especially the Southern Delight, Summer Delight and Natsuhikari. Best
cukes I ever ate and our customers are crazy for them. We grow all
these on trellis.

Best wishes to all,

Karen Sutherland

*****Roots Farm**
Organic Produce : Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs*
Cockrane, Dominica
767-449-3038
rootsfarm AT marpin.dm <mailto:rootsfarm AT marpin.dm>

vslk AT thepipeline.net wrote:

I'll second the vote for cool breeze for a small cuke good for pickling or
fresh
eating. My favorite fresh eating cucumber is the Japanese Suhyo variety, but
this
is probably not what you are looking for. Vivian