market-farming - [Market-farming] Re:Enviromesh

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re:Enviromesh
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:07:07 -0700

<<<and even sheer white curtain panels sown together>>>

I used green print mesh curtains with great success for late summer mesclun
mix to reduce the heat and then protect from snow. This was a trial thing.
It was worth it in my opinion and cost nothing as I have a box of these
curtains. They did well all winter and can be reused this spring!

I am planning to plant several such plots and then adding plastic over them
in late Sept/Oct to extend the season to Nov.

Keep the calendar discussion going! Imagine 500 or more organizations
picking this up across the nation! Talk about spreading the word! I am
constantly "reaping" the advertising harvest of other farm folks when new
people come into the area. They call and tell me what they experienced at
their last location such as CSA, PYO, etc.. And then ask about local
products. When folks move from here, I know this knowledge goes with them.
They buy from local farmers in their new location. It builds!