market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: good market manager

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: guyclark AT socket.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: good market manager
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:37:56 -600

Karin-

> If you don't mind me asking...how much to you pay your market manager?
We started her at $9.50, gave her a mid-season raise to $10 and a bonus at
the end of the year that made it about $11. The funny thing was we gave
her the bonus at the board meeting the last day of the market right after
she told us she couldn't come back because she was going to school. As it
turned out, she did come back and will start at $11. We decided to give
her the bonus upon the request of a number of vendors which made the
thought of going over budget much more palatable to fiscally conservative
board members. We run a pretty tight budget which is part of why we are as
successful as we are here.

>how many hours do they work?
I think the hours are between 25 & 30 during the height of season.

Guy Clark
Columbia Farmers' Market, Inc.
Columbia, MO