market-farming - [Market-farming] Fresh Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fresh Market
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:20:10 -0600

Nancy, we had a Fresh Market open up here in Birmingham just before Christmas. It should be no threat to market farmers. It's a very upscale, expensive but meticulously maintained grocery store. No big deal...the produce is still from wholesalers.
Just saw notice in the paper that we are going to have a" Fresh Market
"opening here., Fort Wayne, Indiana. No information of where they are
from but sounds like a chain.
Is anyone familiar with them and do they hurt the local market as much as
I am assuming they will?

Adriana

  • [Market-farming] Fresh Market, Adriana, 02/10/2005