market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-Credit, debit, ATM, food stamps use

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: GreenMrkt AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-Credit, debit, ATM, food stamps use
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:02:50 EST

Hi Patrick,

In my expereince it's always a good idea to make it as easy for the customer as possible. We do take credit cards at Market, and I haven't found anyone who has complained that they had to wait. There are two of us at the market booth so we can process two customers at once. Most customers area happily surprised that we take credit cards. We thopught it was important because we bring some non food items that can run the bill up fast (country farm aprons and garden dressess and such that retail for 25 - 65 dollars) and taking credit cards does make a difference.

Karen
Green Market Farm