market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] kinsey ag

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Jerry Brunetti <jbrunetti AT agri-dynamics.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] kinsey ag
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:32:35 -0500

Well, I hope everyone is in agreement that they want an Albrecht-style soil test and not something specificially Kinsey. (Did I miss something?) On the East coast, one would probably want to go with Logan Labs rather than, what? Perry Labs that Kinsey uses. In the Mid-Atlantic, Jerry Brunetti is probably the best soils consultant you can work with (Logan Labs, AFAIK) Brunetti's business is www.agri-dynamics.com. I don't think soil work is mentioned on the page but you can contact his office (and him) at jbrunetti AT agri-dynamics.com.

Kinsey is charging $50 for new client's tests right now. Brunetti charges $60 for the first test, AFAIK. It is often said that the Albrecht method is not relevant on Eastern soils. I personally do not agree with this. (And, in fact, am in the process of writing a paper challenging the SARE studies that created this belief) You should, however, be forwarned. Big advantage of working with Jerry Brunetti is that he is better equipped to give interpretation and recommendations for East coast soils and gardens than is West-of-the-Mississipi broadacre man Neal Kinsey.

-Allan Balliett
Who knows a thing or two about East coast red clay