market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] STEVEN: Please, More about your $15k on 1.5 acres!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Margaret L Wilson" <booldawgs AT cavenet.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] STEVEN: Please, More about your $15k on 1.5 acres!
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:20:48 -0800

Congratulations! We are a couple hundred miles south of you. We are still
in awe of actually having a real farm, well at least the potential of one. I
am not as close to a good market area as you and I am starting with much less
experience. Gosh, I would be so happy to come close to $75K/year not to
mention $150K.
Please give us more details. We have 53 acres here but it has been run on
hard and needs so much more work. I have a small CSA started for this year
and many people interested in grass fed lamb and beef. I may have to hand it
off to my son due to a back injury. Share your story with us, please.
Thanks,
Margaret

> "Well I stuck it out, started farming, expanded to 1 1/2 acres until
> I finally got the year I had been waiting for where everything went r
> ight-my sales doubled from $75K/year to $150K."
>
> How about the rest of the story, mate?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Allan

  • Re: [Market-farming] STEVEN: Please, More about your $15k on 1.5 acres!, Margaret L Wilson, 01/01/2005