market-farming - [Market-farming] for the new grower in KS

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Full Circle Farm" <fullcirclefarm AT msn.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] for the new grower in KS
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:30:39 -0600

For the beginning farmer in KS! I am a grower working with K-State and MU on a KC area project called "Growing Growers" which offers monthly workshops and an on-farm apprenticeship program to help new growers get started. The workshops move around the KC area, so some might be a little far for you, but we start in the spring with soil building for vegetable growers, move onto plant production, weed managment, pests and diseases, etc. etc. The workshops are led by farmers and extension agents, we are trying to balance good theory with practicalities!

At the Great Plains Vegetable Growers Conference in St. Jo, Missouri next month, we offer a day of workshops for the beginning farmer, with the morning featuring Jim Leap, the farm manager at the Farm and Garden Apprenticeship Program at the University of California, Santa Cruz, will co-teach with Kevin Loth, a graduate of that program and a midwestern grower.

Go to www.growinggrowers.org for more information, or contact me through growers AT ksu.edu

Katherine Kelly
KC Community Farm
NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: katherine AT kccua.orghttp://www.kccua.org
formerly, Full Circle Farm
Kansas City, KS

  • [Market-farming] for the new grower in KS, Full Circle Farm, 12/31/2004