market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Our first regular restaurant order!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cheselka AT theriver.com" <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Our first regular restaurant order!
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 19:15:20 -0500

Jackie,

Your enthusiasm is very inspiring! I, too, have had similar experinces
with the lettuce (and other veggies) I grow and sell. My customers
*demand* it! They also call me on the phone and tell me war stories about
lettuce they find at the supermarket. Even the organic stuff is pretty
yucky, I hear. One of my goals for the next 12 months is a acquire a local
restaurant as a regular client. Alas, I'm still learning the ins and outs
of regular, fairly large volume veggie growing. But I'm getting better at
it and hopefully this winter will give me a chance to really figure it all
out. (Being in southeast AZ I can grow year-round).

Maybe my theory that we Americans have lost our sense of taste isn't
exactly true and that if people actually come into contact with great food,
they'll forget about the "good enough" veggies at the supermarkets and go
for my "best I've ever tasted" veggies instead. Sofar my experience has
been the latter -- now I just need to increase production to reach a larger
number of people!

Have a good weekend, folks! Stay warm and dry!

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce

http://mail2web.com/ .