market-farming - [Market-farming] Kincaid's Mini-Seed Thresher

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maureen bostock" <maureenbostock AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Kincaid's Mini-Seed Thresher
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:13:32 -0700

Hi all,
I recently picked up a Mini Seed Thresher secondhand which was made by Kincaid's Equipment out of Haven, Kansas. It is fantastic! A five horsepower Briggs & Stratton motor runs a studded reel which smashes the beans from the pods. All the material drops down onto a screen and the chaff is blown out by a belt operated fan. I don't know what the machine would cost if you purchased it new, but I was able to find this one on the side of the road in Lyndhurst, Ontario Canada for $200. It took 5 minutes to thresh what had taken me hours by hand. It is mounted on two wheels and two other stationary points so it can be moved out to work in the field or kept in the yard.
Maureen

Don't just Search. Find! http://search.sympatico.msn.ca/default.aspx The new MSN Search! Check it out!

  • [Market-farming] Kincaid's Mini-Seed Thresher, maureen bostock, 09/26/2004