market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] market pricing question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] market pricing question
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:26:52 -0600

Remember they 're losing money and can't keep that up. Some markets have
people in charge who can prevent price wars. The biggest danger is price wars
drive out the variety and volume needed to attract the business. They
invariably hurt the market itself. And of course you can always go stand in
front of their stall and discuss what's a fair price with their customers.
You might be surprised how people would react. Customers don't expect growers
to work for free or sell at a loss, and if all they want is the cheapest
product they can always run over to the supermarket.

paul tradingpost AT gilanet.com

--Henry David Thoreau

That is well said, replied Candide, but we must cultivate our garden.
--Voltaire [Francois-Marie Arouet] Candide