market-farming - [Market-farming] Butternut squash harvest question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jeff Cantara <jeffcantara AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Butternut squash harvest question
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 06:16:01 -0700 (PDT)

I know that this has been somewhat discussed of late but just one more question...

Most of our squash vines have died back with maybe just a little life left in them.  The butternut squash still have some faint green streaks left on them.  Three inches of rain is predicted this week.  Should we harvest?  Will squash continue to ripen off the vine with time (like tomato, etc)?  Any advice would be welcome.

Jeff
New Roots Farm
New Hampshire

Do you Yahoo!?