market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Weather

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Weather
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:49:55 -0400

Allan,
I subscribe to http://www.wunderground.com. They send me regular e-mail weather reports. The weather reports can be personalized to a degree - meaning, you get the reports that you want.

They did, however, like everyone else, miss reporting the rain last Sunday.

Leigh

At 7:35 -0400 9/8/04, Allan Balliett wrote:
Talk, talk, talk, about the weather.

It really is amazing how, not matter what the weather dice roll, as a farmer I can find a way to complain about it!

Aside from complaining about it, though, I'd like to know more about it before it gets here and more about it after it's passed through. In fact, sometimes I'd like to know more about how it has been on a given day for the past 100 years!

I'm wondering if anyone has found a better source for farm weather prognostication than weather.com or .org?

I complain about these two as much as I complain about the actual weather.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
Shepherdstown, WV