market-farming - [Market-farming] Black-eyed pea storage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Black-eyed pea storage
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:40:05 -0500

Oh great and wise Market Farming Group. I come to you with a storage
problem. The new Farmer's Market that we created is in it's infancy. Often
growers, me included, find they have produce left over at the end of the
market, we have it on Tuesdays and Saturdays. The biggest problem I have is
storing the black-eyed peas until next market. What's the best way to store
them for 3 or 4 days and keep them fresh enough to sell? Someone mentioned
spreading them out on the floor in a cool place. I could buy a sheller, but
what about the snaps?

Thanks for the help.

(West Texas) Mark