market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 19, Issue 20

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 19, Issue 20
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

> Send ,
>
> If you are seriously interested in starting a Farmers Market
> where you have some influence over the prices charged
> by other farmers, do not approach it as a cooperative
> market.
>
> Take on the roll of the event promoter/producer and invite
> only those producers you have spoken to who are willing
> to play ball. >

Have to wholeheartedly agree....we run our market by what we laughingly
call the Matriarchy. We are 3 women who run the whole show, set and
enforce the rules, deal with all advertisement, determine and book events,
everything.....no one complains. We run it and run it well enough that
everyone does well. People fight for spots....

> Who knows, you might find market promotion and management
> more profitable and rewarding than farming.
Sorry to say farming may be quite rewarding but almost anything is more
profitable.......Sora at Paradise Valley Organics.......

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 19, Issue 20, sora, 08/20/2004