market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: Market-farming Digest, Vol 19, Issue 18

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <David.Purpura AT nokia.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: Market-farming Digest, Vol 19, Issue 18
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:17:35 -0400

It was a commercial unit, long since out of production. I don't recall the
name. I'd guess it was 30" wide with 3 independent rollers of extruded metal
and maybe 10 - 12" diameter. Having independent rollers makes turning nice
(if you've ever used a wide roller you know what I mean). It had a rack on
top for placing weights on, similar to a harrow. It seemed like a simple
enough device to make.

NOFA has a whole video library of various lectures and workshops. I don't
know if they taped this one - it went on for eight hours! If you ever get
the chance to see him, it's worthwhile. He's well-spoken, dynamic, and has
lots of nice pictures.

dave

>>From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>

>He uses the roller again after sowing to press seeds into soil contact.

Dave - What kind of 'roller'? IS this a commercial tool?

AND - do you know if tapes are available of the NOFA lecture(s)?

THANKS -Allan

  • [Market-farming] RE: Market-farming Digest, Vol 19, Issue 18, David.Purpura, 08/18/2004