market-farming - [Market-farming] Pricing Jams

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pricing Jams
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:14:47 -0400

Courtney--In our area, Northern Idaho, the going market price for homemade
jams using organic fruit is $4.00 per 8oz jar. I'm doing raspberry and
huckleberry. I used to put up elderberry jam and wine many years ago on
the East coast....it was the best. Sora at Paradise Valley Organics

Sora, that sounds great! We have been selling raspberry jam in little half
pint jars for $2.50 at market. Maybe they are even smaller than that. But
it is not mine so I am not sure of the size. It is tiny though! I was going
to sell mine in half pints and see if I can't get $3 or $3.50 for that. I
won't know until I try!

Courtney
Herb Thyme
Middlefield, Oh