market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Pollination and Fruit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Pollination and Fruit
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:29:47 -0400

That was part of our angle this past year. We were part of a study last year on 'native squash bees.' Meeting squash bees for the first time last year, I was surprised to find out how much better suited for squash pollination they are than honey bees are. And, they are very plentiful in this area in the wild. One would hope that 'squash bees' were also 'cuke bees,' wouldn't one? -Allan

Allan, try this ATTRA publication. Some of the native
bees make much better pollinators than honeybees.

http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/nativebee.html

Kevin

=====
Krystyna L. Prochocki