market-farming - [Market-farming] re:hauling flowers to market (wrapping)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andrea <elsaella AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Market-farming] re:hauling flowers to market (wrapping)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:42:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Allan,

I work at a flower shop,where we get the flowers delivered wrapped in plastic sleeves,in huge cardboard boxes.What I would suggest:
Cut the flowers very early in the morning,wrap them in newspapers,roll them up,and put them in cardboard boxes.Put them in a cool spot until loading.That way the the flowers will stay fresh,and since they are wrapped in newspaper they won't get squeezed when you lay them vertically one on top of the other.Good luck.
Andrea

Do you Yahoo!?

  • [Market-farming] re:hauling flowers to market (wrapping), Andrea, 08/02/2004