market-farming - [Market-farming] garlic harvest work party

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ploughshare" <gjbrever AT midwestinfo.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] garlic harvest work party
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:13:39 -0500

Has anyone ever had a work party out for garlic harvest?  How do you predict when to have your garlic harvest festival in advance?  What week are you planning on for this year?  Have you ever been off, so that the day of the work party, the garlic was not ready?  Last week was the last week we harvested scapes... the tips are now turning brown.  When would be a good date to invite my CSA members up to harvest?  We are in central MN.
--Gary

  • [Market-farming] garlic harvest work party, Ploughshare, 07/20/2004