market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Soakers/ Grasshoppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Soakers/ Grasshoppers
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:22:04 -0700 (PDT)

> > What is the cost of the soaker hose? T-tape is $.01-$.02 a foot.
> What run length is possible with the soaker hose? I need about 600'.
> It's super heavy duty and has gone through 4 seasons still looking new.
I roll it up for winter but I have friends who leave it out. I pick up
100foot rolls at Costco for $9. You can get it with fittings to adapt
to whatever or it also comes with hose ends. The company recommends 100
ft. lengths but I have some in with 150' lengths and it's working great.
The t-tape for me was so flimsy everthing seemed to cut it, gophers
ripped it apart, water deposits ruined it etc.
On another thread...just started getting inundated with
grasshoppers...Anybody out there have any good Organic solutions?
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics