market-farming - [Market-farming] Tomatoes/gender oops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tomatoes/gender oops
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:00:01 -0600

<<<<<Hmmmm? I'm a man and understand something about liking chocolate.
Sometimes it's verrrrry gooood!>>>>

LOL! You got me. That was very bad of me. :-( I should have said ladies
and gentlemen.

Does this do it? Only you can know if "gentleman" applies to you! I knew
your gender, but I have yet to learn if you are a gentleman! hee-hee. I am
new on the list after all. <bg> Oh, my! I just realized the "ladies"
label probably wouldn't fit me as well! <ng>

Pat is right. I may have just gotten a great batch as I have never thought
store tomatoes of any type were that exciting. But remember, everything in
our store is not ripe when displayed! This was one rare occasion.

Actually, the store has been better the last two months. I am sure it will
be back to unripe, limited fruit and veggies come fall/winter. Ever find
only green bananas, hard pears, and peaches in your store? That is the
"offering" by our local store most months. Any wonder we don't bother?

We are located in a forgotten section in MT about 1.5hr south of the Canada
border. We are in the land of "sucker holes". If you live without sun for
5-6 months each year, you will know what that means! My hubby has recently
told me that he may consider returning to the Helena/Townsend area! Wahoo!
Sunshine for 10 months of the year instead of 6!!!!!!! Well, he said we
could retire there, so I am not packing yet.

Christina