market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: June bugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marlin Burkholder" <glenecofarm AT planetcomm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: June bugs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:20:24 -0400

Kevin,

Thanks for your knowledgable information. Two years ago we had a host of
June bugs and the larva really worked the compost/shavings into the ground
along my strawberry patch. There were so many that it did hinder root
growth. Normally, though, they are pests on our berries.for just a couple
weeks.

The June bug grubs are at least three times the size of the Japanese beetle
grubs, but look very similar.

Christine Burkholder
Glen Eco Farm

"Mayapple Farm and Gardens" <mayapplefarm AT yahoo.com>