market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] RE: Attracting worms

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Knutson" <eknutson AT clubdepot.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] RE: Attracting worms
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 22:01:17 -0600

I have not done this so I can't answer any of your questions, but I have
seen something similar to what you are referring to on eBay, but it is on
top of the ground and has about an 80 gallon capacity. Their home page is at
http://www.theearthmachine.com/ I'm not sure how effective a 5 gallon
container would be, but I think it would be worth a shot. However, I don't
think I would bury it more than 6-8" because earth worms are usually (in my
limited experience) in the top layers of the soil where most of the organic
matter that needs to be broken down is. The original auction I found when I
was looking for worm stuff (I was looking for a kitchen size worm bin, but
hubby didn't like that idea, maybe I will sneak one in on him) is at
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4303340889&ssPageName=ST
RK:MEWA:IT>

Let us know how this works out for you.

B3