market-farming - [Market-farming] flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <ghf AT townisp.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] flowers
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:49:46 -0400

<<<mason jars for $5>>> (flowers in mason jars)
Great idea! We got some ancient jars with tiny cracks from someone cleaning
their garage. Wondered what I could do with these jars. I am thinking of
putting a old-fashion ribbon around the top and plucking a few flowers in
each. (Not all the jars are cracked, however they are so old. I worry they
will explode during processing. And they have a wonderful old-fashion
imprint.)

Christina

This is a good idea but of course eventually you'll run out although I've
heard those old ones aren't good to use for real canning so if you put a
notice up somewhere about how you'll take them off someones hands for the
hauling you might get some bites. As for your customers you could also put a
sign up either ie: "recyle your jars and return if you have no use for them,
thank-you" you could offer a small deduction in next purchase. Beth ps you
could use ordinary jar ie jelly not as pretty as old but good.

  • [Market-farming] flowers, Hook Family, 07/09/2004