market-farming - [Market-farming] Flower power

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Flower power
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:22:15 -0700 (PDT)

>> Flowers are a funny thing for me at market. Sometimes sell a lot;
> sometimes I end up "giving" them away at markets end. I'll give them to
> good, repeat customers, elderly folks, etc. I see this as an investment,
> not a loss.
Hearty agreement here. There's really nothing like flowers to dress up
the display, a lot of times that's what attracts my tourists, who then buy
something else since they're not going to take flowers on their road trip.
When I first started flowers, people wouldn't buy, so I did a "special",
buy 2 of something, get a free sunflower or mini bouquet. It fosters
fabulous good will. Everyone I have given flowers away to has returned
to buy some later. Of course the best flowers are those that can dry well
if you don't sell. Sora at Paradise Valley Organics

  • [Market-farming] Flower power, sora, 07/06/2004