market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Veggie pick-mobile

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mayapple Farm and Gardens <mayapplefarm AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Veggie pick-mobile
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

John, I really like the design your colleagues put
together. It is something I have had in my mind for
several years, especially as my back gets worse. If
someone were to use that design for a production
model, would the university require some licensing or
fee for use of the design?

Is there any interest among this group of growers for
something like this? Would you pay money for it? How
much would you pay? What would you like to see as
improvements? Pedal power might be interesting, but
more useful for me would be a way to adjust the seat
for switching between harvesting lettuce to picking
beans without getting out the tool box. The reason I
ask is that I have a friend who would love a limited
production run project like this.

Kevin

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:39:17 -0500
> From: John Hendrickson <jhendric AT wisc.edu>
> Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Picking Veggies
> To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
<5.2.1.1.2.20040629112418.00bc4fa8 AT wiscmail.wisc.edu>

http://bse.wisc.edu/hfhp/tipsheets_html/cartplans.htm
> and
> http://bse.wisc.edu/hfhp/tipsheets_html/cart.htm
>
> -John
>
> John Hendrickson
> Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems
> University of Wisconsin-Madison
> mail: 1450 Linden Drive
> street: 1535 Observatory Drive
> Madison, WI 53706