market-farming - [Market-farming] Bulk herb packaging - 1#

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Bulk herb packaging - 1#
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:54:32 -0500

I'm looking for a rigid packaging solution which will hold 1# of cut basil.
All of the clamshells that I have located are too small. I need something
that is at least 14" long x 9" W x 3" H. The length and height can vary
somewhat. I'm trying to avoid using boxes which would require double
handling since the product will need to be bagged before being put in the
boxes.

I currently pack in 13" x 18" zipper bags but these are suceptible to
crushing in transport from my wholesaler's warehouse to their restaurant
customers.

Any suggestions? They need to be unvented.

Adriana