market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] photos for market displays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] photos for market displays
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:17:56 -0400

We have used photo albums on tables and sandwich boards with photos posted on the board. i have also used photos on our labels, brochures and other advertising that goes on the table.

Digital cameras allow one to do a lot of things with one's photos.

Dry mounting can get pricey quickly.

Lucy

Mark Hall wrote:

Hi everyone. I've been a member for over a year but haven't posted much
of anything because
a) we direct market more meat than produce
b) we didn't start selling at a market until earlier this spring

Our display is pretty basic, but we're getting there. One thing we'd
like to do is indicate to customers that we have a farm and raise our
own animals. We're trying to find a way to display a few large photos
showing farm life, animals grazing etc.

Do any of you incorporate photos in your stalls? If so, what have you
used? (I"m looking for a fairly cost effective method here.)
What comes to mind is
- enlargements dry mounted on foam core type backing
- enlargements laminated
-a photo made into a banner by a sign co. (expensive, I'm thinking)

Any ideas/ comments?

Mark Hall