market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Asiatic Lilly for market?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Asiatic Lilly for market?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:27:36 -0500

Toni,
We usually harvest with one flower open.  They would travel to market better all buds, but would be hard to sell.  Since we are going to market only once a week right now, some stems will have more than one bud open - which makes a beautiful display, but hard to transport, and hard to get out of the bucket without damage!  The stems will continue to open buds - and last 10 days or more!  What a bargain!

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com