market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] water supply and storage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Karen Sutherland" <ksutherland AT hampshire.edu>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] water supply and storage
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:34:29 -0400

Terrific resource.  Many thanks!

Karen

Roots Farm

Organic Produce

Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs

Cockrane, Dominica

-----Original Message-----
From: market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org [mailto:market-farming-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Alliums
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 10:07 AM
To: Market Farming

Hi, Folks!

Here's a (pdf) from the Texas Water Development Board that has great info on rainwater harvesting.  Although some of the info is specific to Texas, there is a lot of info here.

http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/assistance/conservation/Cons-image/Downloads/RainHarv.pdf

The Texas members of the list might want to comment on this -- I'm from Pennsylvania and it looked good to me.  We amended our rainwater harvesting at the community garden accordingly, but we're just trying to conserve water and use what we have -- not go through a dry season! ;-)

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of
St. John's United Church of Christ, 315 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA  19460