market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Allis Chalmers G basket weeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Bucciaglia <pbucciaglia AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Allis Chalmers G basket weeder
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:02:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Emily,

 You can buy the few parts you need to mount one fixed up for a G onto a cub from the Buddingh weeder company
616-698-8613

Or call Roeters equipment in Grant Michigan
231-834-7888
they sometimes have used basket weeders and take a delivery swing through the east coast a couple times a year.

Both outfits have been real good to me.

I have used basket weeders on a G and found it worked great, you may want to wrench it a bit before giving up.

Incidentally, I stayed out of the big rototiller debate a few weeks ago but I think I'll inject a highly subjective opion:  I can't see spending 3 grand on a fancy new tiller when for just about the same money you can get a cub or a G with Budding weeder.  Its a very useful tool.

Paul

Message: 6