market-farming - [Market-farming] market scales -- advice wanted

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Karen Sutherland" <ksutherland AT hampshire.edu>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] market scales -- advice wanted
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:26:33 -0400

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions about market scales – where to buy, where not to buy, what is good, what to avoid, what features you are glad for, what features you rarely use, etc.?   Here’s what I “know” I need so far:   affordable, transportable, rain-safe (or use within waterproof bag?), battery or solar powered, accurate but not necessarily certified for trade, able to go from ¼ lb to at least 5 lbs.

Many thanks,

Karen Sutherland

Roots Farm

Organic Produce