market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] New York Times: Survey on Ad Effectiveness

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "M N" <gershom_ivri AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] New York Times: Survey on Ad Effectiveness
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:23:19 -0600

Man oh man it's so true.

Years ago as a kid I loved orange juice.

Then the orange juice people put on a commercial that was slow motioned and a glug glug glug noise and swallowing bodily graphic to amplifiy the experience of drinking orange juice. Also the tea people do it as well as gator aid and some others.

Since that commercial I have avoided orange juice. The enhancement and slow motion was highly repulsive to me.

An interesting result is products that have commercials that have a slow motion enhancing and/or amplified message seem gross or icky to me even today.

mn

"avoid buying products that overwhelm them with advertising and marketing";

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

  • RE: [Market-farming] New York Times: Survey on Ad Effectiveness, M N, 04/23/2004