market-farming - [Market-farming] Fw:Organic Flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carol Larsen" <sunborn AT mhtc.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fw:Organic Flowers
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:17:10 -0500

I received a reply from Lynn Byxzynski, who wrote a book on growing organic
flowers and she said she is no longer certified because she can't find a
source for organically grown lisianthus, campanula, lilies and tulips which
are huge crops for her.
bummer.
If you are not familiar with her publication "Growing for Market" a monthly
journal of news and ideas for direct market farmer here is some contact
info:
Growing for Market
a monthly journal of news and ideas for direct-market farmers
PO Box 3747
Lawrence, KS 66046
call toll-free in U.S. - 800-307-8949
phone: 785-748-0605
fax: 785-748-0609
www.growingformarket.com
I look forward to each issue almost as much as the Association of Specialty
Cut Flowers Quarterly.
FYI -I was making cold calls to florists today and one actually wanted to
know if our flowers were sustainable or organic and really grown in
Wisconsin. She was interested in the niche market! Wow! I'm not going to
give up yet.
Carol Larsen
Sunborn Gardens
608 437 3966

  • [Market-farming] Fw:Organic Flowers, Carol Larsen, 04/21/2004