market-farming - [Market-farming] Re:Matt: Farmer's Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: nancy a parker <nan3russ AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re:Matt: Farmer's Market
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 21:26:48 -0500

We have been selling at a "Farmer's market "for the past three years. We
started out mainly to get rid of excess raspberry plants, added flea
market items and now sell mainly plants and produce , augmented with
other garden related items. Our market it in it's 78th season and was
dying. Very few small producers are still in our mostly urban county. We
needed other sellers to help pay the expenses of keeping the market open.

Flea marketers, booksellers, discount grocers, and producers who sell
mostly auction purchased produce make up 75 percent of our vendors but it
allows the other 25 percent of us to have an outlet for our product.
Works pretty well for all of us.

Nancy, Sulphur Hill Farm Gardens

  • [Market-farming] Re:Matt: Farmer's Market, nancy a parker, 04/09/2004