market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pepper leaves curling...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Shoemaker" <wshoemak AT inil.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pepper leaves curling...
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:51:37 -0600

They're curling up because they're drying out, either from root failure or
insect feeding on the leaf tissue. There could be several reasons, but I
wouldn't discount the aphids. They are notoriously hard to see until they
have sufficient numbers. At any rate, until they're brought under control,
you need to deal with them. If there is another reason, the aphids won't
take backseat to it. You might want to pull a few seedlings carefully to see
if the roots look healthy. If they're white look like they're growing, the
aphids might be your sole problem. A mild soap spray applied once every
three days for a couple of weeks should bring the aphids under control.

>Is anyone out there able to tell me why my baby pepper leaves are curling
up? I am sure it is because they are lacking something but what? Plus they
have aphids now but I don't think that is the reason as they were curling
long before the darn bugs came.