market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Peppers Crossing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Peppers Crossing
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 07:46:44 -0600

The isolation distance is for getting pure seed. If you can't isolate, one
accepted practice is caging. The pictures of cages I have seen utilize
window screening. What you are doing is keeping the pollinators out so they
can't cross pollinate your peppers. Think an open bottomed box, large
enough to accommodate the plant's growth, with side and top covered with
window screen, and staked to the ground so it can't blow off.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm