market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Compost Tea Question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Compost Tea Question
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:00:21 -0500

Jeff - If you have to buy-in compost to make tea, I suggest that you buy that compost from one of the companies that specializes in formulations for compost tea. I've worked with agri-dynamics. When they ship their tea starter, it's in bags that 'breathe,' because the last thing you want is compost thats moved to the anaerobic side before you start your brew. YOu didn't ask, but if you are making tea, be sure you're all checked out on what (and how much!) to feed the brew. I say this because I've recently run across a few people who knew nothing about feeding their aerobically brewed teas. (And I"m just assuming that you will be introducing air to your tea.)

Good luck!

-Allan
All of our finished compost was spread last fall. I am very interested in compost tea production and am curious, can it be brewed using a high quality commercial compost, or has transit time, packaging, etc combined to render the commercial compost biologically inactive by that point?

Jeff
New Roots Farm

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - <http://search.yahoo.com/?fr=ad-mailsig-home>Find what youĂ­re looking for faster.