market-farming - [Market-farming] Potato Scab

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andrea <elsaella AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Potato Scab
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:34:51 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

I just made my home-made seedling soil mix.It had to be all natural ingredients,if not it was not allowed by my certification bureau.It's made of compost,organic black soil and peat moss.I mixed it up real light,so there should be less chance(need) of damping off.If there will be a problem,chamomille tea should help this problem.
I have a question:Do any of you know if Potato scab is a viral problem.What would happen if I planted seed potatoes that show scab.Would the next generation automatically get it,or would an adequate soil PH correct it with the next generation?
Thank you
Andrea

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?

  • [Market-farming] Potato Scab, Andrea, 02/26/2004